Monday, December 14, 2009

ohh, marilyn.<3



Here's my grid art project! woo. I had so much fun re-creating Andy Warhol's POP art masterpiece. While he shows off her classic beauty in many different colors, I chose the version with the sea foam green background. To sound all too naive, I picked this one, well, because, it's my favorite color. The computer monitor I bought from a thrift store for seven dollars. I was delighted to see it still worked! Meaning, when it was plugged in and you pressed in the big button on the front, it produced a bright white glow. It was like plugging in the Christmas tree lights for the first time all year. Joyful. The grid I created out of fishing line, which I secured by taping to the back and unders of the monitor. Marilyn is made of individual pieces of colored paper. The real good kind, too, made for scrapbooking, so it's thicker and more durable than construction paper. Each was hole punched to allow the glow to penetrate the center, while keeping the distinct colors visible. I may just keep her as room decor. I've grown a little attached.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment